Turn over to the last page... it's time to read

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
Posted by Trioenix - - 8 Scribbles on the last page

It was a bright sunny day, I got ready and left for the office... had a busy day there and when I was about to leave, superior called me and asked me to finish some urgent work immediately and leave later on. The task took one long hour, and it was really dark outside. Its was not only the fall of night, but the clouds covered the sky... I thought I should leave before it starts to rain... 'cause I forgot to carry my wind sheeter with me. As soon as I stepped out side, a tiny droplet fell on my arm... Oh God! I thought... why did it started to rain before I could reach home? It's not that I don't like rain, I do, but when I'm inside my house. But I had no option apart from moving on. Soon it started to drizzle and I was getting wet. Firstly I got irritated, but shortly started enjoying the feel of the tiny drops on my body along with the cool breeze. I was wet all through when I reached home and was shivering. I dried up my self, made a cup of hot chocolate (yeah I prefer hot chocolate over coffee or tea) and reached out towards the window... and saw a few kids playing football in the rain and I became nostalgic... I remembered the good old days, ten years back, when even I was a kid... just like them me and my friends would play football in the rains, or ride our cycles whole around the locality... our moms would ask us to get inside or we would catch cold... but we kids never bothered about what they said and simply enjoyed out in the rain. I wished if I could play along with them... when a kid named Jim called up, "Hey if you are free why don't you come and join us, after all I've heard that you are a good player and we need one more player to complete our team!" For that moment I smiled and thought that can he read my mind?


I couldn't resist to his invitation... I picked up my sports shoes and decided to have a match with them. I joined them... we started a new match; played for ninety minutes (I tell you these kids have a lot of stamina!) Though we managed five goals with my contribution of two, we lost! But we were not disheartened as I enjoyed being a part with them and they got a new player!


When I was leaving Jim said "You play pretty well! Next time when ever you find time or else you feel like playing, feel free and be a part with us. We enjoyed your company!"


I replied, "Hey thanks Jim, even I enjoyed out there with you people!"

When I reached back home, drenched, I found my mom furious, she said that I would catch cold! For that moment I thanked God (and mom as well) and thought that was the only thing left!!!

Again I dried up my self, made a cup of hot chocolate, reached out the window and starter thinking about the whole day activities... did a lot of work in the office, drove back home through the rain, enjoyed a football match with kids, had a nice scolding from mom and just sipped the last drop of hot chocolate. In the end all I could conclude was no matter how busy life I have… and how old I grow up... there's a child deep inside my heart... who denies growing up!

There's a child deep inside my heart... who denies growing up!

8 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Dear Prajwala,


    "There's always a child in me who denies growing up"
    Brilliant girl!
    Memories may fade,but never be killed!
    The horse and buggy days are still,the best days of anyone's life...sans stuff to ponder over,sans the worry about the day's arduous schedule....nonetheless,i concur with you....life may never be a nosegay,but still those days where you never seemed to care about the chides,not concerned with fathoming the "world's norm",That makes all the difference!The elan in remembering to dis remember the "today!"
    Take care!

    Cheers!

    A

  2. Benaifer says:

    That's just soo true...i too have always believed in the fact that the statement "I'm too busy to pursue a hobby/passion in my life" is something that's really soo lame...coz i feel it's these very little pleasures in life that break the usual monotony and add fervor to one's life...

    Loved ur post and in fact reaffirmed my belief in this thought!

  3. There is no old age. There is, as there always was, just you.
    Carol Matthau, O Magazine, October 2003.


    age only changes the way your skin looks not the way how u think.In fact it is our habit to categorize our outlook based on our age that creates barriers which hold us from enjoying our favourite pursuits.

    people who strictly make friends on the basis of a age group approach miss out a lot of good things in life!

    MORAL OF THE COMMENT:never ask your friend's age[=))] LOL( I sincerely hope my buddies read this LOL)

  4. Trioenix says:

    @ Archana
    as usual I've only one word for you...Thanks! :)

    @ Binny
    I would like to repeat my self... thanks! :)

    @ Rohit
    nice quote! :)
    well not a bad idea... ask your friends to visit this page! (that will act as free publicity for me... and your ignorant friends will come to know about your thoughts! :D )
    any way thanks!

  5. hey good i cant believe u have a very good & prestigious flow of writing how naturality in your word its really very impressive & thoughtful...

  6. priya says:

    there's a child in each of s..it just that we keep hiding them..ore subdue them,if they try to come out
    !!
    even i feel like playing all my childhood games now,
    but smthing stops me!
    nicely written

  7. Ankur says:

    it has been well written, and maintains your interest as you move along those lines, nice writeup Prajwala.........

  8. Trioenix says:

    @Vivek

    thanks :)

    @ Priya

    and I feel like NOT CARING abt that something that stops me, but at the end of the day I HAVE TO!!! huh :(

    any way thanks

    @Coverdrive

    thanks